Dr. Susanna Satten, D.Ac, L.Ac, Dipl.AC., RYT
With a desire to help others nourish their health and enhance their life, Dr. Susanna Satten, D.Ac., L.Ac. completed her Doctorate and Masters Degrees in Acupuncture, as well as yoga teacher trainings in Vinyasa and Alignment-based yoga. Her East-Asian medical training encompasses several styles including Classical Chinese Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation, and Stone Medicine.
Susanna treats the full range of physical and emotional health conditions affecting adults of all ages and genders including gastrointestinal, respiratory, psychological, endocrine, auto-immune, orthopedic disorders, pain management, stress management, pre-natal, labor induction, and women's health. Susanna maintains a private acupuncture practice in the Rittenhouse Square area of Center City and also provides community-style acupuncture at South Philly Community Acupuncture. Her previous experience includes internships at the PCOM Wellness Center in New York City, an externship at NYU Langone's Initiative for Women with Disabilities, and an externship abroad at the TCM Hospital of Acupuncture and Moxibustion in Beijing, China.
Prior to becoming an acupuncturist, Susanna worked in finance as a banker. While she enjoyed her corporate career, she desired to do more with her life, and wanted to spend her days helping people. She is loves being an acupuncturist and a small business owner.
- Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.): State of Pennsylvania
- Diplomate of Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac.): National | NCCAOM
- Doctor of Acupuncture (D.Ac.): Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego
- Master of Science in Acupuncture (MSAc.): Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, New York, Valedictorian
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: Washington University in St. Louis, Magna Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science and Business Administration: Washington University in St. Louis, Magna Cum Laude
Training & Certifications
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Classical Chinese Medicine (CCM): taught in the traditions of Jeffrey Yuen, an 88th generation priest of the Jade Purity School
- Certified in Clean Needle Technique: CCAOM
- Certified in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture: Dr. Ping Zhang
- Stone Medicine: Jeffrey Yuen
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture: Dr. Henry McCann
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT): Yoga Alliance
- 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher training: Dhyana Yoga
- 208 Hour Anusara Yoga Teacher training: Dig Yoga